- Advance as Far and as Fast as Your Talent Can Take YouMulhern+Kulp is growing fast and there is plenty of room for you to ratchet up your career.
- M+K UniversityIn addition to standard training practices, we get together on a weekly basis to share information and discuss a variety of relevant topics: M+K standards, code updates, and the latest trends.
- A Full Calendar of
Activities and EventsWe love our work and we work hard. But when the work is done, we like to have fun! Go-kart racing, family picnics, paintball, golf, and happy hours are just some of the events that we sponsor throughout the year!
- Benefits That Provide
the Security You NeedWe offer fully paid health, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, a 401k retirement savings plan with a company match program, and profit sharing bonuses.
When I interviewed at Mulhern + Kulp, I was at a point in my career where I was looking for an opportunity to work on challenging projects and expand my technical knowledge. Working here I was provided that variety of projects and a team-oriented atmosphere that allowed me to grow not only as a professional engineer, but as a person as well.
For each of the past four years, the prestigious Zweig Group* has ranked Mulhern+Kulp among the Top Five ‘Best Structural Engineering Firms To Work For’ in the US. This did not happen by accident. Since the day we opened our doors in 2001, we have been committed to building a workplace culture that both attracts and retains top performing employees from around the country.
This year Mulhern + Kulp is very excited to have been voted #4 in Zweig’s ‘Best Structural Engineering Firm To Work For’ in the nation, and we were also ranked #65 on the ‘Hot Firms’ list. Below is a brief description of each of these awards.
BEST FIRMS TO WORK FOR
‘Best Firms To Work For’ is a national award that ranks architecture, engineering, environmental, and surveying industry firms on the basis of workplace culture, benefits, and employee satisfaction.
Hot Firms ranks firms according to their three-year growth rate in gross revenue, with 50% of the ranking based on percentage growth and 50% based on dollar growth.
*The Zweig Group is a consulting firm that focuses on the betterment of the architecture, engineering and environmental consulting industries by offering a wide array of publications, services and events which provide industry leaders with the tools
Comprehensive. Flexible. Caring.
Mulhern + Kulp employees are our most valued resource. With this in mind, we offer an industry-leading benefits package with a long-term vision.
Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Insurance 100% Company Paid
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance 100% Company Paid
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
401K Retirement Savings Plan with Company Contribution
Flex Time & Summer Hours
Seminar/Continuing Education Allowance
Performance Bonuses & Profit Sharing
Mulhern + Kulp – A Great Place to Work
Since the day we opened our doors, we have been committed to building a workplace culture that both attracts and retains top performing employees.
Staff Engineer (0-5 years experience)
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering required
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Good communication skills.
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Design and draft construction documents for houses, multi-family condominiums and commercial projects.
- Design of gravity – lateral components of building.
- Review of Shop Drawings.
Philadelphia & Atlanta offices
Senior Project Engineer (10+ years experience)
- Residential wood-frame construction experience.
- Value engineering experience.
- Design experience in different regions a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of single-family, multi-family, or commercial industry standard construction practices.
- Positive and productive mind set with ability to work independently.
- Oversee, mentor + develop a team of Project Engineers and Staff Engineers.
- Includes scheduling and reviewing work, design standards development, client meetings, and proposal preparation.
- Ensure projects are completed accurately, on time, and on budget.
Mulhern and Kulp Structural Engineering, Inc. is seeking Project Engineers (multiple openings) to work in Ambler, PA and be responsible for assisting Project Managers in developing the scope, time budget, and fee for new structural engineering projects. The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering and two years’ experience in the job offered or a related occupation. The position also requires an Engineer-in-Training certification; proficiency with AutoCAD; two years’ experience providing the engineering design for residential wood-frame structures; two years’ value engineering experience; and a thorough understanding of the IRC and industry standard construction practices of single-family home building. Interested applicants should mail resumes to: Diane Brady, Director of HR, Mulhern & Kulp Structural Engineering, 20 South Maple Street, Suite 150, Ambler, PA 19002.
We offer fully paid health, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage and a 401K retirement savings plan with a company contribution program.
Principals only, no recruiters.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.